Friday, March 8, 2013

Good Start To Spring Break

Spring break is here, yay!....and then I get hit by a car. Yep, I was leaving my last class and turning into a parking lot off the road and some guy turned from the other side and hit me on my side (kinda hurt. I'm glad his windows were down otherwise I would have broken it).
Have you seen those videos or movies where peoples shoes come off when that happens? Yep that happened to me. My left shoe flew off, too. I was in such a good mood that day though that when I got hit I laughed it off cause with my luck something like that would happen to me. But hey I didn't get hurt and my longboard didn't get run over, so its all good.

I'm back home now, and boy does it feel good. I ran thursday morning, just a regular distance day which was 6 miles at 6:50 pace. I'm still figuring out how fast I can go on my normal days since I'm still getting back into it. The weather was great, and it was nice to get my run in before I went to class. I felt great the whole day and was in a great mood as well, it honestly felt like summer.

Friday! Today was great. I woke up at 8:00, went longboarding, and then went to practice with my former high school team. The upperclassmen had a workout and the two fastest distance guys Brian and Kenan had something different. 4 fast 400m repeats that had to be completed in less than 10 minutes. which means 60s with a 1:30 second recovery. I only did 3 of them because theres no need for me to be doing fast repeats yet (I didn't quite, I was training smart), but they felt great. It always feels nice to go fast on the track at a nice and controlled speed. I definitely surprised myself though. I wasn't expecting to be able to do even one of them so I guess I'm in much better shape than I thought I was.

After practice, my little brother and I went to Mellow Mushroom and had a nice large cheese pizza. Mmm! It was so good.

Thats all for now. Time to watch some tv with my family. I'm going Long Boarding tomorrow so I will definitely make a post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment